Levels During Curing (3 weeks) of New Pebbletec Pool

aequitas_veritas

Jan 24, 2020
Houston, TX
Our first water test yielded a CH of 110, FAC of 5, and TAC of 5. These seem out of range, but both the pool company that installed and the folks at Leslie said this is fine as the pool cures. Should we be making any adjustments for the time being? If not, when? Pool is Crystal clear right now.

Howdy! Welcome to TFP :wave:

Right now, while you're just learning how to manage your pool, its actually most important to follow the start up guide Pebbletec should have provided you.
Have you registered your Pebbletec finish yet? Product Registration - Pebble Tec

I can't say if FC at 5ppm is out of line unless I also know what your CYA level is. Are you using a *good* test kit that can give you these results:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

If not you need to obtain one. We endorse either the TF-100 or the K-2006C. The TF-100 is available at www.tftestkits.net The K-2006C is available also online but you want to make sure you're actually getting the C version as its got the larger reagent bottles.

Please read these fast articles:

Let us know what questions you have and we'll try to answer them, ok?

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for the quick response. I've been diligent in following the care instructions, and will register this evening.

I ordered the TF-100 earlier today, and am relying on the Leslie results until I can test on my own. The rest of the results are attached.

Thank you again!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124-182424.png
    Screenshot_20200124-182424.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm truly suspicious of those results, but until you can test yourself with the TF-100 you'll be okay. The test kit should arrive early next week, I imagine. Its usually pretty quick.
How are you chlorinating at this point? How quickly has your pH been rising (esp. if your TA is really 120)? Are you having to add muriatic acid often?

Maddie :flower:

A few things to note, the primary reason for a pool store to exist is to sell stuff, especially high markup stuff, chemicals are high markup stuff. This is the reason they do tests, it really doesn't matter what the real numbers are, as long as the kid behind the counter, can say, you need to buy ...", whatever they have a ship load of in the back.....

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Coincidentally they told me not to adjust anything for the time being, even though the chlorine levels seem to be high and hardness pretty low (by theirs, TF, and Pebbletec) standards. I've no doubt they're trying to peddle chems the majority of the time.

I'm just really unsure if I need to be messing with hardness levels while the pebbletec cures. It's low according to Pebbletec's recommended levels, but both the installation company and pool store said not to screw with it for now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.