Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi, I have been reading a lot about the various tests that are necessary for good pool maintenance and was wondering if there is a resource sheet or something where I can see how adjusting one thing might affect other things:
-adjusting ph with MA adjusts TA
-adjusting CYA adjusts nothing?
-addressing ph will prevent calcium buildup
-free CL should be higher than CC?
If there’s not something like this, no problem I’ll just ask separately
Still waiting on my t100 test kit. I ordered it last week but no word on ETA.
also, did someone from TFP create the t100? I notice all the referrals on that site are for tfp

You are on the right track but trying to over simplify water chemistry can be confusing and lead to false assumptions. It's better to track your chemistry with Pool Math ( find the web version below under Quick Navigation) and understand the interaction and predicted outcomes of chemical additions before you add them. Do you have a proper test kit? Test Kits Compared Use this to target, Recommended Levels
Learn about CSI. Test your fill water to understand how topping off moves your balance. Be sure to read this too, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry - Trouble Free Pool

Reactions: BowserB and kul
The TF-100 utilizes Taylor reagents and my understanding is it was developed to support the many pool owners using the TFP system. The pricing and specific reagent quantities are an advantage and the service levels and product support top notch. They even offer refill sales in the spring. More choices are a good thing in my opinion.
You should look into the Speed Stir unit (small lighted magnetic mixing unit common in chem labs for precise titration measurements).

Reactions: kul and BowserB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.