leveling

May 15, 2017
Ash Flat, AR
We have an AG pool (Coleman 22' x 52") that we just put up. We have not put water in it yet. Our yard is sloping so we tried building it up on one side with sand (we also have lots of glade rock under the dirt so it is impossible to dig out a level spot). Once we started putting water in it, we discovered that it is not level. We stopped putting water in it at this point. There is about 2" to 3" of water on one side and no water on the other. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this without taking the pool completely down (husband is tired of messing with it :S). Can you just level the legs with blocks and not worry about the liner being level? I am concerned that it might tilt and fall with our grandkids in it if we don't get this fixed correctly. Am wanting to keep the pool for years to come. Thank you for any help that I can get with this.

If those legs are sinking in your fill area with dang little water in it, they're just gonna keep sinking when put on blocks and FULL! That's a lotta water weight you're talking about at 8 lbs. per gallon----not to mention people. Take it down and level the area with crushed and compacted rock is about the only way. Welcome to the forum.

I am concerned that it might tilt and fall with our grandkids in it if we don't get this fixed correctly.
----We are too!

Sorry, but I have no good news for you. That pool will be unsafe unless you take it down and level it properly. It will be subject to tumbling down the hill and taking kids, dogs, and anything else in its way with it.

The best practice is to dig down the high spots in order to level rather than building up the low spots. If this is not practical for you, you may be able to construct a sandbox as I did in this thread: Dimension at the ground for Intex 16' Ultra frame pool.

Okay, if we build a wooden frame around it and fill it with the sand on the side that is lower will that fix it? digging is not an option. The legs and upper frame seem fairly level; it's just the liner is higher. Does the lining need to be level or just the upper frame and legs?

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any way to move the pool without taking it completely down also?

Okay, if we build a wooden frame around it and fill it with the sand on the side that is lower will that fix it?
Yes. Pea gravel is a better choice than sand as sand can sometimes "flow" and erode out from under in heavy rains.

That's a big pool to move when it's assembled......I have no idea that you can do that but, with enough help, yes.

Okay, Thank you sooo much for your input on this. We have decided to de-construct the pool and level it out by trying to dig with tractor and loader then put sand in as a filler. Do you have any advice on doing this? Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

How big of a concern should I have about rocks poking a hole in the liner? Not sure how much the liner can take before being punctured.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.