Hmillymac

Jan 21, 2024
Oklahoma City
Hello all! Unfortunately I come here on a negative note. We are new pool owners as of October and our pool/spa is less than a year old. We had to order covers for both and those just came in so our pool guy covered and winterized our pool this past week. He turned off all of the actuators so they’ll stay in spa mode and told me all would be good. Well, a few days go by and I just went outside to see why our spa isn’t heating and noticed that the pump is off and frozen. We have Pentair ScreenLogic with VSP. Last I saw it was all on and set to run 24/7. We didn’t modify any schedules when he winterized and he also didn’t turn off the freeze protect for the pool (I just went out and noticed that after reading a different thread re: a similar issue from 2022). I sent our pool guy a text but seeing that it’s Sunday he’s not going to see it until tomorrow. I'm wondering if there’s anything we can/should do? This is so frustrating because we’ve been vigilant to make sure it’s running and really the Pentair freeze protect has handled it. It’s currently 33° here and the pump is on the north side of our house so never gets direct sun. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4292.jpeg
    IMG_4292.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4291.jpeg
    IMG_4291.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4293.jpeg
    IMG_4293.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 37
Hello all! Unfortunately I come here on a negative note. We are new pool owners as of October and our pool/spa is less than a year old. We had to order covers for both and those just came in so our pool guy covered and winterized our pool this past week. He turned off all of the actuators so they’ll stay in spa mode and told me all would be good. Well, a few days go by and I just went outside to see why our spa isn’t heating and noticed that the pump is off and frozen. We have Pentair ScreenLogic with VSP. Last I saw it was all on and set to run 24/7. We didn’t modify any schedules when he winterized and he also didn’t turn off the freeze protect for the pool (I just went out and noticed that after reading a different thread re: a similar issue from 2022). I sent our pool guy a text but seeing that it’s Sunday he’s not going to see it until tomorrow. I'm wondering if there’s anything we can/should do? This is so frustrating because we’ve been vigilant to make sure it’s running and really the Pentair freeze protect has handled it. It’s currently 33° here and the pump is on the north side of our house so never gets direct sun. Thanks in advance.
Shut off the breaker and wait for it to thaw out. You can cover the area with a moving blanket and put a heat lamp under it to try and speed it up. Hopefully the pump is salvageable and no pipes cracked.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Did you put the system in Timeout? Or did your new pool guy do it? It's currently in Timeout and it cannot run freeze protect in Service or Timeout.

It's supposed to revert to Auto after 3 hours in Timeout but I can confirm we have several systems on our books that just won't do it. As such, we never use the mode during service. It's unreliable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.