Mrjakecyrus

Jul 17, 2022
North Dakota
Hello,

I hired one of my cities most known lawn and landscaping companies to level my pool. The pool is an Intex 23’x12’x52” (not the one I ordered, but the one that showed up). My back yard is at a little bit of a slope and so they had to add dirt to get the one side up around 3-5 inches. Initially they just threw dirt down and called it a day, saying it would be fine. Me, an inexperienced pool owner, started filling it after they said everything would be fine. After half full I noticed the feet digging into the ground and was concerned. But they said it was normal and I continued. Stupid me. My pool almost collapsed on the down slopped side. Luckily I was outside setting up the filter and caught it just in time before it fully collapsed. I drained the pool called them back and they used pavers, that I purchased for a different project without asking me, but they only used them on the one side. The pool was very uneven. I called them back again and they dug out some of the dirt that originally put down and on the down slopes side out cinder blocks. My question: Are these cinder blocks going to hold up my pool? I’m a little concerned that they are going to crack and crumble underneath the weight of the pool.

Attachments

• FF8E8E2B-56B2-4672-9391-B3C16577E8F1.jpeg
    FF8E8E2B-56B2-4672-9391-B3C16577E8F1.jpeg
    571.7 KB · Views: 45
I know this is an old post but I hope you didn't pay your landscapers for the bad job they've done! They were supposed to dig out dirt on the high side, not add dirt on the lower side. Also, I'm not sure how your cinder blocks held up, I hope it didn't end in a disaster for you. The liner of the pool would have been way below the blocks putting stress on it. We initially put concrete pavers under our pool, and even though the pool was level one of the pavers cracked so we had to drain and redo the whole thing by putting legs on top of pressure treated timber.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.