Leveling Pool - My OCD Question

poolhcky87

Apr 21, 2021
Eastern PA
Hey y'all, so I am pretty OCD about certain things, especially when it comes to certain projects. I want everything as close to right as possible. We just put up our 16x48 intex style pool the other day. Guy came out, leveled ground and placed 3" thick pavers under the legs, level with the compacted sand. I have to say he did a great job overall. Here are a couple of questions I have thus far.

1. The pool is about 3/5 full at the moment. I went around and measured the water level all around the pool and at around 2 legs that are next to each other, the water level is about 1/2" off. Is this an area for concern as it continues to fill? Is this safe? All other legs are spot on and are level, but this specific area of 2 legs, the water is about 3/8" - 1/2" off.

2. I noticed that these two legs are not 100% on the paver. There is a small overhang (see pics) of where the leg is off the paver. Is this an area of concern? If so, how do I fix it? Should I just compact dirt/sand down in that area or should I place a small piece of paver under this little overhang? The pool will be primarily used by kids. DO these legs typically move much while swimming? Any advice is appreciated. See pic below. I took picture of the one leg, but the one next to it is pretty much identical. All other legs are 100% on the paver. 0513210726.jpg

1/2 inch off on water level is great and the leg is just fine... the main part is 100% on the block.. The extra part around the bottom I bet is to mask the leg...

Reactions: poolhcky87
I did just to ease my mind lol. pool looks great honestly. all level within 1/2". Ill be updating some progress pics. I just installed a few pavers for the base of the ladder and installed the new pump and threw in some liquid chlorine to get things going. I still have to do the landscaping around the perimeter and clean the water some more :)
If you are feeling extra OCD, you can certainly butt another paver up against the first one

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.