Let me introduce myself

carguy46310

May 20, 2021
demotte/in
I am a 30 yr pool owner. 18x36 inground. The last 10 years I just feel that my pool supplier is taking advantage of a loyal customer that never asked questions.This year my son told me to go online and see what the heck is going on!!!I just spent over $250 on Biogaurd 73 because I was told I have no free chlorine. I tested it this morning and still nothing.I live in NW Indiana so I just opened the pool. I have had locked chlorine before but NEVER this extreme or was told to use this much chemical.I saw your website and figured I would give my call for help. I feel i am getting bad information and being taken advantage of.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The ingredient to Bioguard/Burnout 73 (listed HERE ) is primarily cal-hypo. Not really your best choice for chlorination on a regular basis. I would switch to liquid chlorine and/or regular bleach to increase the FC level. We follow the FC/CYA Levels to ensure the FC is balanced to the current CYA. It's possible that your water is struggling after winter and you might have other things happening as well. A full set of accurate test results would be the best place for us to start. We recognize either the TF-100 or Taylor K-200C test kits as the most reliable and user-friendly for residential use. After $250 on Bioguard you probably don't' want to hear about another expense, but the test kit is a must. Be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info like mine below. IT will help us later. Ask all the questions you need. Lots of folks here happy to help.