Length /depth question

Post your equipment up here. It is best to keep things all together for the whole story.

I think moving the bench over to the right will still keep it within the exit code. Just don't over too far or it will be in your swim lane.

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim, here is the planned equipment:

PUMP: Jandy Pro Series Stealth 2.67 HP Variable Speed
FILTER: Jandy Pro Series 460 CV Series Cartridge Filter
MAIN DRAIN: Paramount MDX-R3 (designed for large debris)
SKIMMER: Dual Commercial Rated Skimmers (not model# provided, I will ask)
SANITIZER: Jandy Purelink 1400 Salt
LIGHTS: 2 Jandy Pro Series HydroCool Multicolor LED
AUTOFILL: ParaLevel
AUTOMATION: Jandy PDA Bundle (wireless, floating remote)
CLEANER: Paramount PV3

For plumbing, we have:

Pipe and fittings for circulation, skimmer, main drain, and filter equipment will be schedule 40 PVC with minimum 3” suction side plumbing.
Sweeps and 45’s will be utilized for maximum flow rates.

Structural:
Gunite with #4 Steel Reinforced Bond Beam
Grade 60 rebar

Luma,

All your equipment looks good to me except the in-floor cleaning system.. It is something I never recommend. Just makes your pool plumbing much more complex than it needs to be.. and it is 1970's technology. Kind of like using an old black rotary dial telephone, instead of using a cell phone.. Just no longer makes any sense...

Was the IFCS your idea, or your pool builders idea?? I suspect it was your pool builder's idea... :(

Thanks,

Jim R.

Make sure you have an overflow grate/pipe. You get rain like I do here in FL so you will not want to have to worry about having to run out to drain water during a big storm.

Also get a light over your equipment pad. You will thank me the first time you do need to go out there at dark time!

Was the IFCS your idea, or your pool builders idea?? I suspect it was your pool builder's idea... :(

We mentioned we might not want a the cleaner that came with the pool and we were looking at the M500 robot. We want to spend the least time possible cleaning the pool and don't want to have hoses and other things in the pool or on the side. Our kid has an engineering bent and will take apart anything nearby.

The pool builder said this system is "no" maintenance and warranty for a lifetime. He's given lots of references of people in our area who love it. He also said no one in our area services the robots so if there is an issue it is a hassle to deal with (I haven't verified that).

The IFCS is 10% of the pool build so if it makes sense to drop it, I'm open. I did read lots of threads on the forums and it seems like if the IFCS is designed right & there is a deeper end, many people really like them and if it isn't they really don't.

I welcome any feedback on this.

Thanks for reviewing everything!

Make sure you have an overflow grate/pipe. You get rain like I do here in FL so you will not want to have to worry about having to run out to drain water during a big storm.

Also get a light over your equipment pad. You will thank me the first time you do need to go out there at dark time!

Brilliant point about the light. That side of our house doesn't have any light so I really appreciate the tip! I'll check on the overflow grate/pipe. Thank you so much!

Luma,

There is no such thing as a no maintenance pool. A SWCG makes things easier, but there is always some type of maintenance.

It is your pool and you should get what you want.. That said, ask your pool builder if an IFCS system will brush the walls, and clean the waterline tile.. Nope...

Just keep in mind, that I am not making a profit from hyping up the addition of an IFCS...

You are correct that we have a few members that like their systems... But, if it turns out your does not work as you thought it would, you are stuck with it, forever.

I would do some more research here and maybe even PM some of the IFCS owners and ask them for advice..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Just keep in mind, that I am not making a profit from hyping up the addition of an IFCS..
Not only that, he is trying to put $4k+ *back* in your pocket. We spend other peoples money like its butter here. If they lived up to expectations, they would be highly recommended. They do work to a point, but not nearly anyeheres near the cost. The $700 robot will clean the floor better, and the rest of the pool too that the IFCS wont touch.

ask your pool builder if an IFCS system will brush the walls, and clean the waterline tile.. Nope...

...if it turns out your does not work as you thought it would, you are stuck with it, forever.

I would do some more research here and maybe even PM some of the IFCS owners and ask them for advice..

Thanks, Jim, we discussed the walls and waterline tile with the PB and he said with the proper circulation and chemistry they wouldn't need maintenance. That seemed to echo some of what I'd read in other threads but I likely misunderstood something. The stuck with it forever thing does bother me and we've decided to go with the robot instead. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not only that, he is trying to put $4k+ *back* in your pocket. We spend other peoples money like its butter here. If they lived up to expectations, they would be highly recommended. They do work to a point, but not nearly anyeheres near the cost. The $700 robot will clean the floor better, and the rest of the pool too that the IFCS wont touch.
Thanks you, good points. The note that they would be highly recommended if they live up to expectations especially resonated. In my case, it is $7K so I can get a heater and the robot instead.

Heater and robot !!! :party: And a virtual 12 pack for jim for saving you 7 large. Holy cow thats high.

@Newdude love that party guy. It is crazy expensive and appears to be indexed as 10% of the pool price. When we increased pool size it increased the PV3 system cost.

@Jimrahbe It looks like we will have something called EcoPool which already has 3 floor and 3 wall returns so even without PV3 we're going to have something in the floor. I searched and didn't find much about this system in the forums, are you familiar with it?

The cleaner that will come with the pool is a Polaris TR 28P. We will have to add the robot ourselves.

PB says overflow goes "out the back of the skimmer to your yard ". Is this what you meant or should we ask for something different?

Ditto kimkats comment on erosion prevention, but overflow holes with a pipe are awesome.

One note to add about your pool. With a 4' shallow end, you need less length for a diving end versus a 3.5'. Actually you can save 18" of length, if that helps your budget at all.

With a 4' shallow end, you need less length for a diving end versus a 3.5'. Actually you can save 18" of length, if that helps your budget at all.
Thanks, @Yev , for the suggestion. I don't understand though. Our builder gave us a rule of 1' of drop per 3' of space. We have the wide shallow (4') area on the right side of the design for hanging out and playing. The bench diagonally across from the two chairs was put in 4' of water so I can walk over and sit on it without having to worry about spilling my drink :) . Then the pool turns back and goes deeper. We thought that drop off from the bench to the deeper end dropped as sharply as we could?

I was already thinking about talking to the PB today to add 3' to that bend to smooth out that drop a little but if I'm missing something, I would love the information.

Luma,

See this..

While it "sounds" good it is basically a way to make the pool builder richer.. It is just a down-sized IFCS... In my mind a complete waste of money!!!

What they say about the chemicals is just total Bull Stuff...

Who's pool is he building his or yours?? If this were my pool, I'd ask for a simple pool with 2 skimmers and 4 standard wall returns.

95% of pool do not have this stuff..

But again.. it is your pool and your call..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks, Kim, here is the planned equipment:

PUMP: Jandy Pro Series Stealth 2.67 HP Variable Speed
FILTER: Jandy Pro Series 460 CV Series Cartridge Filter
MAIN DRAIN: Paramount MDX-R3 (designed for large debris)
SKIMMER: Dual Commercial Rated Skimmers (not model# provided, I will ask)
SANITIZER: Jandy Purelink 1400 Salt
LIGHTS: 2 Jandy Pro Series HydroCool Multicolor LED
AUTOFILL: ParaLevel
AUTOMATION: Jandy PDA Bundle (wireless, floating remote)
CLEANER: Paramount PV3

For plumbing, we have:

Pipe and fittings for circulation, skimmer, main drain, and filter equipment will be schedule 40 PVC with minimum 3” suction side plumbing.
Sweeps and 45’s will be utilized for maximum flow rates.

Structural:
Gunite with #4 Steel Reinforced Bond Beam
Grade 60 rebar

I have all Jandy equipment, including the same pump and filter above. For the automation, I believe that system can only be remotely operated from the remote they give you. You can't access or control your system from your phone, which I have found to be very convenient.

I haven't reviewed this thread in great detail, but I would skip the in floor cleaning system and any water/pump powered cleaning machine. Instead, just get an electric robot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.