Left My Heater On - AGAIN! Alert/Notifications Questions

daepp

Jun 12, 2022
So Cal
First Post - Go easy on me lol...

New pool, also new to the app. And is it just me, or does the app leave much to be desired...

1) Anyways, for the umpteenth time I have forgotten to turn off the heater via my ScreenLogic app (ver 7.5 I think), and while I usually don't want a lot of notifications, it would sure be nice to be reminded that my heater's still on.
2) Absent the ability outlined in 1) above, is there a "time-out" function where, when I manually turn the heater on, that it I can tell it to cancel the heater after X number of hours?

Any info would be appreciated.

@Jimrahbe In the Jandy Aqualink you can schedule times when the heater is enabled and disabled.

Can this be done on the EasyTouch?

Not that I know of..

I guess you could just set an egg-timer on the Spa circuit. When the eqq-timer timed out it would shut the Spa circuit off.

In that case I would either put the heater AC power through a relay so power to the heater can be scheduled or run the firemans switch wircuit through a relay so that it can be scheduled.

In that case I would either put the heater AC power through a relay so power to the heater can be scheduled or run the firemans switch wircuit through a relay so that it can be scheduled.

That really is unnecessary.

The heater function is bound to the POOL/SPA mode (and the built in AERATOR Mode as well ...). SO if you simply schedule the POOL or SPA mode, or do as @Jimrahbe said and set an egg-timer and activate the spa with an egg-time run, then the heater will shutoff ... or at least it should. The Pentair logic is a little kooky in that if you activate Feature circuit that has no scheduling associated with it (like you push the SPA button but the SPA schedule doesn't have an egg timer value associated with it), then the ET panel will run that Feature for 12 hours by default.

Can you please detail your equipment list in your signature? It's hard to know how to help when we're guessing at what equipment you have. Also, if you have ScreenLogic, a screenshot of some of your setup screens would help.

Perhaps the heater is not being controlled by the ET panel??

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.