LED Pool Light

goober71

Jun 20, 2016
Houston TX
Hi,
I have a 13200 gallon pool (around 31' length freeform) with a Hayward Astrolite pool light (500W bulb). I like to have the light on in the late evening, but didn't use it much because of the high wattage.
After much research, I found a 250W equivalent bright white LED bulb that uses 25W at Home Depot, made by Sylvania and rated for wet and enclosed locations. So, i decided to try it and swapped out the bulb and rubber gasket (was pretty straightforward after watching a couple of youtube videos).
Very pleased with the results so far. We now have the light on 7-10pm every evening. Makes the backyard a pleasant place to be!!
Hope this helps.

G

Attachments

• night pic.jpg
    night pic.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 62
That looks beautiful. And a nice easy swap. Thanks for sharing the details for others to see/use.

If you are looking for something even brighter, I replaced my bulb with THIS LED BULB and I think it may actually be brighter than the old 500w that was in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.