Leaving for vacation with algae in pool

wille

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2019
Sarasota, FL
I had been using the test strips checking algae the past week and the FC tested within range. Then, Saturday morning, I noticed that the pool looked a bit cloudy. I used my TF-100 kit and found the FC at 2.0 and the cc at 0. I then added the required chlorine 2 days ago. Then, yesterday, I freaked out about it and added another gallon of chlorine yesterday. I have cleaned the filter each day and have an automatic pool cleaner running and the pool pump on 24x7. This morning, it is still cloudy. I tested the FC and it is at 12. I am leaving for 7 days starting tomorrow and my pool is still a bit cloudy. Any suggestions?

Should have started the SLAM Process when you first saw it was cloudy. I’d stick with that process as closely as you can until you leave. Can’t really tell anything about chlorine levels without knowing your CYA level.

Test strips are a waste of time in most cases.

How were you intending to keep your pool chlorinated for the week you were away?

What SWG? What size cell? Please put it in your signature.

Why does your signature say AG? AG usually means Above Ground pool.

What % is your SWG at?

Turn up your SWG % while you are away and see what your pool water is like when you return.

Reactions: wille
Will you have anyone able to monitor the pool while you are away? My concern is the plugging of your filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.