Leaving for vacation with algae in pool

wille

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2019
Sarasota
I had been using the test strips checking algae the past week and the FC tested within range. Then, Saturday morning, I noticed that the pool looked a bit cloudy. I used my TF-100 kit and found the FC at 2.0 and the cc at 0. I then added the required chlorine 2 days ago. Then, yesterday, I freaked out about it and added another gallon of chlorine yesterday. I have cleaned the filter each day and have an automatic pool cleaner running and the pool pump on 24x7. This morning, it is still cloudy. I tested the FC and it is at 12. I am leaving for 7 days starting tomorrow and my pool is still a bit cloudy. Any suggestions?

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Should have started the SLAM Process when you first saw it was cloudy. I’d stick with that process as closely as you can until you leave. Can’t really tell anything about chlorine levels without knowing your CYA level.

Test strips are a waste of time in most cases.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
How were you intending to keep your pool chlorinated for the week you were away?

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
What SWG? What size cell? Please put it in your signature.

Why does your signature say AG? AG usually means Above Ground pool.

What % is your SWG at?

Turn up your SWG % while you are away and see what your pool water is like when you return.

Reactions: wille

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Will you have anyone able to monitor the pool while you are away? My concern is the plugging of your filters.

wille

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2019
Sarasota
When I returned from vacation, I SLAMed the pool and it looks beautiful. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Reactions: ajw22
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.