Leaves, leaves, leaves

Apr 4, 2017
Cypress, TX
I don't know if I'm having equipment failure or what, but I continuously get leaves clogging up my salt cell.

I could clean my cell multiple times a day!

It seems my skimmers are doing their job, but obviously enough is getting by. Filter in the pump normally only is about 1/4 full. The filter itself doesn't seem to catch a lot of the larger leaves. That all leads into the cell itself.

I just think the SWG can't be very efficient if it's continuously clogged.

Any suggestions? Tricks?

Nothing should be getting to your SWCG. You have an issue with the filter system.

The SWCG is the last item prior to the water returning to the pool, correct?

Something ain't right.

Nothing big enough to see with the naked eye should be getting through the filter, and the SWG should be after that. So... the SWG is installed in the wrong line or there's something very wrong with the filter.

And a tip: a hairnet or a knee-high stocking or a skimmer sock will catch all that stuff inside the skimmer well which takes a huge load off the filter. The leaves should never have even gotten to the pump. I use a nylon. You can see how here: Skimmer Sock/Nylon Illustrated

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.