Leaky Air relief value

evanwellens

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Stony Point, NY
So last year I broke the air relief value on top of my hayward C4530 . When opening up this year I realized I forgot to replace the part. Having done that it was odd that the part was too long to tighten to the O-ring, so i cut a little off. Seemed to be fine all day. Later I went back and saw a steady stream of water shooting out of the little etching on the receiving end ( not sure that's the right work , like a whole but open on one and and obviously there by design. Now there seems to be nothing I can do to stop the leaking , just minimize it with tons of Teflon. Seems like something I'm doing wrong ( besides cutting the part ;-0 ) . See attached. Thanks again for any advice !!!!

FilterLeak.jpg

Thank you for the reply. I think my filter pre-dates the part you show. I'd replace the whole top assembly if it would save the time and effort this is starting to cost. The relief valve I got is
Amazon.com: Hayward ECX1322A Directional Vent Valve with Oring: Garden Outdoor

What's weird is it was too long. Something doesn't seem right maybe something is broken inside the fitting, but even if so , shortening it slightly should've work. I think ;-)

Trying not to replace a perfectly good filter.

I looked up the filter by the model number you provided. Looks like Hayward made changes to the head assembly without changing the model number. Changing out the whole head costs about $65.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.