Leaking through the waste line

Jun 11, 2018
Houston, TX
Started 2 days ago, whenever I turn on the pump, a small stream of water would escape from the waste line. I did some research and decided to replace the spider gasket in the multi port valve. (I have pentair SM-20-2)

So I took apart the valve, lubed the o rings and clean the spring.. spent almost an entire day to remove the old spider gasket... in the end the leak got better, but I still have a minor leak drops at a time...

When I put the top cover back on the housing, I had to press it down to make it flush before screwing it in place. I think that may be normal, because the spider gasket is new and taller?
Also the handle felt loose and there is some play in the vertical direction... what do you think I can do next? Thanks.

I bought a new top and after install the handle still feels loose. I felt my spider gasket maybe sitting too “high” and it’s forcing the spring in a compressed position in order to be screwed on the housing...
Did I install the gasket correctly? I assumed the side with some grooves is facing top and the smooth side is facing down...Thanks again.

Attachments

• 7610A333-07DC-4CCF-BE4C-CBB06122E361.jpeg
    7610A333-07DC-4CCF-BE4C-CBB06122E361.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 7
There is no leaking when pump is running at 1200RPM. Leaking starts at 1500RPM+, and once the leaking starts going back down to 1200RPM won’t stop it. Very weird... I think I’m going to stop chasing down this rabbit hole and live with the dripping...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.