Goldsboro, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I ordered a new lid for my DE filter because mine had a small crack in it. While it was on the way I decided to order a new tank/bottom, new cartridges, new band, new grids, and new gauge. Essentially all new pieces except the main o-ring.

I ordered the lid from one place and the rest from another.

I just assembled everything and have a drip drip leak between two main pieces of the band. I removed everything, cleaned the o-ring again, relubed it, made sure there was no trash and reassembled. It still leaks from the same spot in the band.

I made sure to tap the band with a rubber mallet after several tightening turns and repeated until the springs touched.

Anything I should look at?

Thanks! I just ordered another o-ring and the red lube. I got my current o-ring 3 years ago but since it’s been in the old tank, it may have shaped to it and won’t seal appropriately. Here’s hoping and praying!

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks! I just ordered another o-ring and the red lube. I got my current o-ring 3 years ago but since it’s been in the old tank, it may have shaped to it and won’t seal appropriately. Here’s hoping and praying!
Oh wow ya I had to replace a 1.5 year old ring because it warped into the imperfections of the inner rim of the lid. Once I tried to put it back it just leaked non stop all over. Such a headache I’m looking at getting a new filter at this point.

Reactions: SPKNout4CHRIST
I switched from recirculate back to filter earlier today to see if it was still leaking and haven’t seen a drop yet in over 2 hours. Looks like I just jumped the gun a bit and it has settled in. Will keep the new o-ring when it comes as a backup, but not going to break it down if I don’t need to!

Praying it holds and on to replacing the leaky pump next!

Reactions: Bluesilv
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.