leaking filter housing

I have 16,000 gallon below ground chlorine pool. Sacramento (mild/non freezing winters).

I had a Cyrstal Water filter installed not to long ago (maybe 6-8 years ago?) it has developed a significant leak from the bottom of the housing, cannot figure out what is going on. Feels like a screw is in the bottom (outside) and the leak is around the screw. The screw does not seem to serve any purpose though.
We are trying to fix with epoxy/putty, but pressure system...

My question is more about what should be expected as far as waratnee. I've tried calling the manufacturer, but they are not answering the phone, get put on hold for 10 min etc. The local company that installed it is no longer in business.

Are my expectations too high that an expensive piece of equipment should last 10-15 years? Is there anything I could have done to prevent this?

6 to 8 years ago is not recent and probably not under warranty.

Do you have the original receipt showing when you installed the filter?

Do you have a picture of the problem?

6 to 8 years ago is not recent and probably not under warranty.

Do you have the original receipt showing when you installed the filter?

Do you have a picture of the problem?
Can’t get a picture as it’s leaking in the center of the the bottom, and legs are too short to access location with camera.
Tried to epoxy from outside, but it didn’t work(leak Continued around patch), so tried patch on inside. Crossing fingers...

I'm sure this isn't what you mean - but just in case - filters usually have a large, square topped drain plug toward the bottom (facing down to the ground). The O rings go on them and need to be replaced. Just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.