Has rained for two days, and haven't had an opportunity to do more work. The area that I dug out is flooded. Late this afternoon I vaced out the water, and was hoping it would dry out overnight, and I could try and repair the leaky pipe tomorrow. As soon as I got the water out, it started to rain again, and there is 80% prediction of rain tomorrow, and Sunday. After all the rain my entire backyard is soupy, which leads me to believe my area has a high water table.

1.jpg

I realized what you were trying to tell me today. When I first started to dig up the ground, this is the first pipe that I came across, the pipe in the water. I think this pipe must contain the electric wires that is going to the light, which I believe you were trying to tell me earlier. It is also pointed in the direction of the light. All the electric is "daisy chained" together, and each thing you want to use has it's on switch, including the light.

16.jpg

After vacuuming out all the water yesterday, and before I could do any work on the leak, it started to rain again. It also rained last night, so this morning I was back vacumming out the water again. I have siphoned the water out of the pool before with a water hose. I got the siphon started with the shop vac. So today when vaccuming up the water, I thought I would try something when I siphoned out the pool. It worked extremely very well. It increased greatly the amount of water going to the vac, and made the job go a lot faster. Once you get it going, on the down slope, gravity pulls in a lot more water, than the shop vac alone. Before I could get all the water out of the swamp it started to rain again, and in the afternoon rained very heavy. Supposed to rain tomorrow, and then be sunny for 3 days. Maybe I can get to the leaky water hose in the next could of days. My back yard is still very soupy from all the rain. To the left of the water hose is the shop vac. The water is going from the swamp, through the water hose, to the vac on the far side of the yard, trying to not make soup in the same areas.

1.jpg.

Was able to repair the leaky pipe 3 days ago. I can't believe all the water I saw came from that one leak, but since I fixed the leak, the ground is drying up, so perhaps it was that one leak. I am going to leave it open for a while, before I put the cement back on, to make certain that it doesn't leak again.

I am going to leave it open for a while, before I put the cement back on, to make certain that it doesn't leak again.

I hate when pipes are buried under concrete by the equipment pad. Can you put pavers or something that is removable over the pipe area so if you need to get in there again it is easier?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.