Leak under pool decking

Ah, sorry Newdude. My "brilliant idea" was what you had already described!! :rolleyes: And, yes, very important that no DWV fittings be used.

Well to close this out, I ended up doing the 4 90s. Yea, I know, more back pressure and more joints to leak. The slip on top was to fine tune the span. Wasn't room for the slide repair coupling, the 1 1/2" is HUGE. Estimates I got for doing this soup to nuts varied from 2K to 2.5K. Even though I knew where the leak was (generally) the leak guys said they'd still have to check the entire pool system. As noted earlier, plan to leave access as there are a lot (now lot more) of elbows in this area. Probably finish off the access area with some tan Trex decking. Appreciate everyone's help! finish.jpg

Reactions: mknauss
Looks like a fine repair. You will never see any effects from the 90s.

Looks like a fine repair. You will never see any effects from the 90s.
Absolutely. It's just a notion I have stuck in my head about 45s and 90s and sweep 90s. Your repair looks good. I might lose a couple night's sleep, but after that everything will be fine! ?

Don't have any way to empirically measure the change in back pressure, but the circ pump, with a little priming, started right up and flow seems normal. I was losing more sleep when I couldn't run the circ pump...the nightmare of waking up to an algeafest ;). Left side (pic) was first cut. Have that area ready for concrete. Have decided to keep "elbow area" accessible. The U bolt and 2 epoxied bolts (right side) will hold the joists for the Trex decking. Thx again to everyone who chimed in.
framing.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.