Leak under pool decking

70runner

Jun 27, 2015
Fallbrook CA
Well to close this out, I ended up doing the 4 90s. Yea, I know, more back pressure and more joints to leak. The slip on top was to fine tune the span. Wasn't room for the slide repair coupling, the 1 1/2" is HUGE. Estimates I got for doing this soup to nuts varied from 2K to 2.5K. Even though I knew where the leak was (generally) the leak guys said they'd still have to check the entire pool system. As noted earlier, plan to leave access as there are a lot (now lot more) of elbows in this area. Probably finish off the access area with some tan Trex decking. Appreciate everyone's help! finish.jpg

Reactions: mknauss

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Looks like a fine repair. You will never see any effects from the 90s.
Absolutely. It's just a notion I have stuck in my head about 45s and 90s and sweep 90s. Your repair looks good. I might lose a couple night's sleep, but after that everything will be fine! 😴

70runner

Jun 27, 2015
Fallbrook CA
Don't have any way to empirically measure the change in back pressure, but the circ pump, with a little priming, started right up and flow seems normal. I was losing more sleep when I couldn't run the circ pump...the nightmare of waking up to an algeafest ;). Left side (pic) was first cut. Have that area ready for concrete. Have decided to keep "elbow area" accessible. The U bolt and 2 epoxied bolts (right side) will hold the joists for the Trex decking. Thx again to everyone who chimed in.
framing.jpg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Smart move is leaving it where you can easily get to it..................of course this will mean you will never need to LOL At least that is how it works at my house! :roll:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
hehe I was laughing about YOUR one word post with a period to make it long enough! :hug: Loving having you back on the boards!! short and long posts=THANKS for what you do!

Kim:kim: