leak in vinyl pool

vrolland

Mar 10, 2013
Florence SC
Hello and Good Afternoon
I have a leak in my vinyl liner inground pool and it's pretty random. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be losing any water, and, like this week, seems to be losing a pretty good bit. The liner is 10 years old and most liner replacement guys say that's the life of the liner, but I've had them for 15. Anyway, this one probably doesn't have too much life left, but my question is, along one side of the shallow end a few inches from the wall on the bottom there are about 10 or so coin sized rust spots leaching through. At the start of the season there was only 2. Would a good assumption be that's where I'm leaking?
Thanks for any input you can offer! Enjoy!

Hello and Good Afternoon
I have a leak in my vinyl liner inground pool and it's pretty random. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be losing any water, and, like this week, seems to be losing a pretty good bit. The liner is 10 years old and most liner replacement guys say that's the life of the liner, but I've had them for 15. Anyway, this one probably doesn't have too much life left, but my question is, along one side of the shallow end a few inches from the wall on the bottom there are about 10 or so coin sized rust spots leaching through. At the start of the season there was only 2. Would a good assumption be that's where I'm leaking?
Thanks for any input you can offer! Enjoy!
since youre in the shallow end, you can reach down there with some dye (or even use some phenol red). squirt it slowly by the stains (holes). if it gets rapidly sucked in, then you've found your leak(s).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.