Leak from Raypak 2100 Heater

Got it out. Can someone explain to me (in detail-I’ve never done this stuff before) what to do and how to reinstall. Where do I put the Teflon tape and lube? Thanks so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That sensor has corrosion on it and should be replaced while you are in there. P/N 009577F

Corroded temp sensor will slowly fail on you as it reads incorrectly.

Check that the nut is not cracked anyplace.

Just put two wraps of teflon plumbers tape on the threads. Do not overtighten.

It’s been working fine. Is it urgent? Can I just wait until it doesn’t work?
Any thoughts on the question I asked?
You can do what you want, its your pool. But, most of the time a pool part that is on the verge of failing will fail right before a time you need it most. That's when I get the most panicked calls, "We're have a XXX party, special event, etc. and the XXX isn't working. Can you fix it by tomorrow? Tonight?" If you're not going to replace it now, at least purchase it and have it ready

Got it out. Can someone explain to me (in detail-I’ve never done this stuff before) what to do and how to reinstall. Where do I put the Teflon tape and lube? Thanks so much.
As they say change out the sensor or atleast order a new one and have it ready to roll when the time comes. I've changed quite a few and would be doing that one if it was me otherwise being in there twice for no reason.

Teflon tape would go on the part that is in the header. Carefully remove it, remove any tape/sealant on the threads, put 3 or 4 wraps, and carefully reinstall. The plastic has been subjected to heat and can be a bit brittle. Don't use pliers, but use a wrench that fits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.