Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello,

I have my cover on and have not winterized yet. I left the pool cover on and noticed a week later that I had lost water to below the skimmer. Filled it back up and had it run off the main drain only and i might have lost .01 CM at best in 24 hours... but when I redirected the flow to only pull from the skimmer, I noticed about a .04 CM lost in 24 hours. When I look at the pool pump i see there is air in the water chamber.

So the question is have i successfully isolated it? How do i detect where the leak is since everything is buried? Pay for a service is what I was told... they dont come out I was told for less than $500 *gulp*

Any insights appreciated.

Newbiepool:

You have to do some investigation. A total of .04 cm is .0157 inches. A total of 1 inch = 2.54 cm. It is normal to loose some water daily. In inches, how much did you loose in one day? If you lost 1/2 - 1" during this weather, then you may have a leak. If there are 2 skimmers, you should isolate each skimmer to determine where the leak is. Maybe at the plumbing near the pump.

So the question is have i successfully isolated it? How do i detect where the leak is since everything is buried? Pay for a service is what I was told... they dont come out I was told for less than $500 *gulp*

Look inside the skimmer housing to see if there are any cracks. Look at the plumbing near the pump again to see if there is any water coming out. Some people use soap around joints, etc. Lastly, check the gasket on the pump cover to see if it is worn out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.