schwim123

May 24, 2022
Franklin, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Can leaf net covers be used without a solid cover underneath them? I’ve got a pool surrounded by trees and was thinking about buying a leaf net cover to put over our inground pool when we go on vacation and in the fall when we aren’t going to be around to dump leaves out of the skimmer often. We could tie the cover down using the anchors on our concrete deck for our winter mesh cover. It would be a lot easier to get a leaf net cover on/off the pool than our heavy winter mesh cover so I’m wondering if this would work. Has anyone on here used a leaf net cover without a solid cover underneath it and did the leaf net cover last at least a year? The one I’m looking at costs $120 and supposedly comes with a 4 year warranty, but I wouldn’t want to purchase one if it wouldn’t likely work or would tear up quickly without a winter cover underneath it.

Why would someone put a leaf net cover over a winter cover?

What would that accomplish what the winter cover is not doing?

Reactions: Spitdog
Why would someone put a leaf net cover over a winter cover?

What would that accomplish what the winter cover is not doing?
We plan to put a leaf cover over the winter cover because our pool will be closed before the leaves fall. This way, the leaf cover can be removed once the leaves have fallen so that all the leaf mess wont be sitting onto of the winter cover all winter and decomposing. We were never able to remove the winter cover without getting that sludge of dead leaves from dropping into the pool as the cover was removed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.