Leaf net cover

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I have an inground pool and I don't plan on closing it or getting a solid cover. I was thinking about getting a leaf net cover that I could pull off every couple of weeks until the leaves are all off the trees.

Does anyone know if this will be a problem if the leaf net is not on top of another cover?

Thanks

As far as I know.....there is no standing rule that a leaf cover HAS to be used in conjunction with any sort of solid cover. Gonna slap one on my AGP here shortly and NO solid cover.

I use a leaf net on my AGP while the leaves are falling and I wait for the pool to go below 60F so I can close. I pull it tight over the pool to help keep the leaves up out of the water, but 5 minutes with a leaf rake would clear off any that have built up in the middle and caused a dip.
Last year I put air pillows in the pool before I put the net on, this kept any leaves from pulling the net down into the water below, and the net remained almost leaf free. Did the same this year.

Once the pool is covered I use the net until all the trees are bare, then I take it off and store it for the spring bloom. If my leaf net should ever get damaged I would replace it right away.

leaf net.jpg leaf net covered.jpg

Last edited:
I used a leaf net on my inground pool last year while keeping open to Nov. awaiting my winter dome to arrive from mfg.

I used bungee cords to anchor it different places to keep it taunt and above the water.

I would undo the bungees and walk it off to swim and dump the leaves that collected.

My strategy worked pretty well overall! Good luck!

And just so you know what kind of leaf traffic I'm talking about, here's a pic from back when I used to close ;)

image.jpg

Wow, I will not have near that leaf volume. I have one tree in my yard and my neighbor has one. Other than that I dont have anything to worry about. My pools shape is a little odd though which might make fitting the net on a bit difficult.

Also, I will not close my pool so I really only want the net for the few months that the leaves are dropping. This is a picture if it last year after all the leaves were gone. Google Photos

I am thinking I might be able to get one big enough to go over the whole thing and secure it over the hot tub and then the wind may blow all the leaves off it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.