Lazy, so I need a once-a-week thing to maintain a pool.

limdoan

Mar 8, 2017
La Mesa, CA
I've been pouring liquid chlorine for 2 years and I grew tired of doing this. Main reason is the hassle of buying them (buy, drive to Home Depot, drive back, pour them daily, splatter them on cloth ruining it). On top of that I needed to brush and vacuum. So much work (you can argue it's exercise).
I'd like another way if there is one where I would only put in something once a week, check the water once a week and vacuum once a week. I probably can't get away with brushing it daily though can I?
Oh I also don't want to pay $100 a month for someone to do this for me. I also can't afford installing SWG (also heard it costs the same in the end).
Lazy and cheap. I know. Comments or thoughts? Advise?
Thanks.

(Some expected replies would be: Don't own a pool or drain it or sell the house - but none are possible)

Checkout

Some folks here have started using it. Not recommending it yet but it may work for the lazy.

robot and either a SWG or a stenner pump set up for your liquid chlorine. (all of modern life is a trade off of your labor in some way)
do you ever swim? that takes care of a lot of the sweeping/vaccuming. best way to keep a pool is to USE it.

Have you been testing your pool on your own for this long? If so then you should know the average FC need for each season. I test about 2 times a week (some are only once a week). I add 60oz of chlorine each day during the fall as my logs show that is the average I used in the past two falls. So just run out and add it and call it a day.

If your plaster is cured then really no need to brush once a day. I would try for twice a week on that as well.

Kim:kim:

In defense of lazy I prefer to call it personal efficiency. Not judging others who do more or less than me.

one more idea that could help reduce trips back and forth to start and stop pump when emptying skimmer basket is installing a skimmer wizard. wizardry is different than as seen on tv.

my pump is not near the pool (2 hp super pump). The wizard really keeps the big stuff out but you still have to manually skim. I’ve posted info here several times and haven’t gotten any negative feedback or positive for that matter. It’s available on Amazon.5D9B5FFB-709C-4BDC-8F71-8B8E24677B6A.jpeg

Robot for brushing. Outside of brushing the steps/sun ledge that the robot can't get to...I don't brush the pool. Also, once you get used to the chemistry of your pool, testing should be minimal...I do mine about once a week. I also only add chlorine every couple or three days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.