Lawn care forums?

I used to have a great one. I forgot the name one winter and have been looking for it for a decade since. I just attempted to google it and this post came up instead. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: wille
Don’t have any to add except to say I also love the Bogleheads and have been a practicing since 2012!

Also I believe we share a last name.

The only one I know of that's well curated like this is (that is, exceedingly bad advice is moderated) on Facebook and only available to those who purchased the guide that's used. The use of Facebook makes it less than ideal to find topics and it's popularity and moderation rules causes occasional issues with post approval.

Still, if interested you can look up The Lawn Care Nut. His website and YouTube videos are the best place to start to see if it's what you're looking for.

The only one I know of that's well curated like this is (that is, exceedingly bad advice is moderated) on Facebook and only available to those who purchased the guide that's used. The use of Facebook makes it less than ideal to find topics and it's popularity and moderation rules causes occasional issues with post approval.

Still, if interested you can look up The Lawn Care Nut. His website and YouTube videos are the best place to start to see if it's what you're looking for.
I know and have watched LCN. His earlier posts were good. I feel like he has gotten way to scientific and is too focused on selling things. Thanks for answering. This site is so helpful to me. I talk about how thoughtful and caring everyone seems to be. If only I had that in other areas of my research...

Lawns are such a regional specialty, a national forum seems problematic. Would caring for a St. Augustine lawn have a lot of interest in New York or Montana? Even a lot of lawn products are regional Have you tried local? Houston has a guy with a weekend call in show, and he also keeps up a website and has a newsletter. A quick search shows maybe three news/talk stations in Sarasota plus more that might be in the area.

Check out the Lawn care section of gardenweb at Houzz. Great site for anything garden related - houseplants, annuals, perennials, trees, etc. When you create a profile, you add your growing zone so as to get the best advice for your particular area. It's a very active forum too, so generally you get quick answers. Used to be just the gardenweb, but then it merged under Houzz - had to create a new username and pw when that happened.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you! Now if they accept me into the Club...
They will. I hang out on the warm season grass forum and they are a really nice group. I fired my hubby and the landscaper three years ago because our lawn looked so bad. Now, just this week I was asked to join a Master Gardner’s group. It was the lawn that pushed it 😂😂 I learned everything from The Lawn Forum. There was someone else on here I referred l think last year and he ended up with a beautiful lawn. He was pretty active over there and I haven’t seen him this year.

I will also recommend the lawn forum. Its a very similar site to this one. Ton's of information and you have some professionals that are part of the site. They have a pool thread that mentions this website.

As mentioned already, definitely The Lawn Forum. They are to lawns what TFP is to pools. Well moderated, on topic, kind genuine members and mods make it a great place to hang out. Even if you are not super serious about turf there is a lot of information that can help you improve your current lawn by just adjusting cultural practices and giving the lawn what it needs. But at the same time it's a giant rabbit hole and before you know it, you have a stick edger, rotary scissors, 4 handheld pump sprayers, backpack sprayer, boom sprayer, rotary spreader, handheld spreader, rotary mower, reel mower and a shed full of chemicals and fertilizer haha. It's like when people come on here at the start of a pool build, everyone recommends SWG, more returns, skimmers, etc. and for a good reason it works and makes things more enjoyable.

And yes, when people have posted there asking about pools, myself and others have sent them here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.