Las Vegas Build - It's like butter

Tonight:

FC 4
CC .5
TC 4.5
TA 130 (25 ml now instead of 10ml tests, so I'm thinking it was still higher than previously noted since the amount of acid I have put in, would have been bringing it down)
PH 7.5 (I had tested mid day after adding acid this morning it was 7.2, and began aeration for several hours)
Temp 69
CSI .16

Adding more acid

This morning

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5
TA 120
PH 7.2
Temp 67
CSI -.18

TA is slowly moving down...

I am aerating again... should I be using baking soda to raise PH rather than aerating? Seems to me the less you add to your pool the better, and although aerating is slower (and costlier to run the pump), its better for your pool?

No! Baking soda raises the TA and does very very little to raise the pH .

There is nothing you can add to your pool that only raises the pH. Keeping the pH on the lower end 7.0-7.4 increases the carbon dioxide outgassing (net pH rise) since the water is so far out of equilibrium with the atmosphere.

Silly question... You have the pool cover off when aerating, correct?

No! Baking soda raises the TA and does very very little to raise the pH .

There is nothing you can add to your pool that only raises the pH. Keeping the pH on the lower end 7.0-7.4 increases the carbon dioxide outgassing (net pH rise) since the water is so far out of equilibrium with the atmosphere.

Silly question... You have the pool cover off when aerating, correct?

Yep... I have had the cover off since last weekend.. I just wanted one day to get in it before it gets cold..lol.. it'll stay off for the rest of the winter... till spring and 80 + temps

If you are being cautious with the acid additions, you can go down to 7.0 to speed things up a little. You really don't want to go lower than that though.

Good to see the TA has come down some. If you haven't noticed already, the pH rise will begin to slow the lower the TA gets.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you are being cautious with the acid additions, you can go down to 7.0 to speed things up a little. You really don't want to go lower than that though.

Good to see the TA has come down some. If you haven't noticed already, the pH rise will begin to slow the lower the TA gets.

I have a system now.. lol.. acid at night aerate for 4-5 hours in the morning..lol

This morning:

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5
TA 110
PH 7.5
Temp 68
CSI .08

I am surprised at these numbers... I put in a lot of acid last night.. and the numbers are nearly identical.. well more acid this morning..
Also, I am pulling the pucks out.. salt goes in tomorrow.. With such mild temperatures, I think the FC is way high enough to last until the salt is in tomorrow ... and the IC60 is up and running..

LOVE the pics! Nice looking pool and area! Are you swimming every day?

Kim:kim:

Its too cold -Pool is 68...(I didn't put a heater in since I have no gas at my house, and heat pumps aren't that efficient - except I saw a new product that may be awesome that heats and cools and uses less energy and might be better than solar for around the same price.. AquaCal | Swimming Pool Spa Heat Pumps | Pool Heater)... I stand by it a lot and stand in the pool on the wet deck..lol.. My furniture will finally be here this week so I'll be able to comfortably sit by it.. :)

Looks great! Nice work getting the landscape and decking all dressed-out and looking good.

Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

SALT DAY!!!! finally...

This morning:

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5 (tabs have been out of the pool for 24 hours... and the chlorine is maintaining high)
TA 100 (yea! moving down!)
PH 7.2
Temp 68
CSI -.26

SO I'm adding the salt and going to run the pumps and water falls to help dissolve it all (and aerate more) .. will add the IC60 to my system tonight...

according to poolcalc I am adding 8 bags of salt to get close to 3000 ppm then go from there per Brian :)

Salt is in! So, I dumped 8 bags, and began brushing with the pump on... it took about 20 minutes of brushing to appear dissolved... I let it run for about 20 minutes.. and did a test for fun... 3000 ppm .. (@200 ppm per drop)... I didn't think it would mix up that quickly... we will see what it reads tonight... I'll be installing the IC60 this evening.. It feels like its all coming together.

First bag...

[URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/daddymacklv/media/Pool%20-%202016/IMG_0020%201.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/daddymacklv/media/Pool%20-%202016/IMG_0021%201.jpg.html][/URL]

All bags:

[URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/daddymacklv/media/Pool%20-%202016/IMG_0023.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/daddymacklv/media/Pool%20-%202016/IMG_0024.jpg.html][/URL]

And after brushing 20 minutes and letting pump run on high for 20 minutes (waterfalls and bubblers are going too) all gone...

[URL=http://s81.photobucket.com/user/daddymacklv/media/Pool%20-%202016/IMG_0025.jpg.html][/URL]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.