Dunwoody, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm planning to install 6 Pentair Laminar Jets on own pump and cartridge filter. I will run separate lines, each with a valve, for each jet from the equipment pad. The runs to each jet location will be flat and range from 50' to 100'. The pipe at the equipment pad is 2" dia and the pipe connecting to the deck housing is 1". At what point in the run should I go from 2" to 1-1/2" and then again from 1-1/2" to 1"? should all lines be 1-1/2" from the equipment pad to just prior to the deck housing or should I use longer 1" piping runs? Should I keep the 1" pipe runs for all lines at about the same length and just vary the 1-1/2" pipe lengths? Should I switch from 2" to 1-1/2" directly at the equipment pad / valve?

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

The manual https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...allationandUsersGuideEnglishSpanishFrench.pdf says:

To achieve the maximum laminar arc height, a water supply of 10GPM with 16 ft of head (measured at the laminar) is required.

That is not high individual flow and 60 GPM overall for 6 jets.

You want to keep the water velocity below 6 ft/sec on the suction and below 8 ft/sec on the pressure side of the pump. Which 2" pipe does.

Pipe Size6 ft/sec8 ft/sec
1.5"38 GPM51 GPM
2"63 GPM84 GPM
2.590 GPM119 GPM
3.0"138 GPM184 GPM

Keeping larger pipe as long as possible is better. Each individual run to a jet can be 2" or 1.5" since you only need 10 GPM flow to the jet.

Thank you so much for taking the time and providing this very detailed and useful information. It is much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.