Nklys11

May 14, 2022
Western ma
My parents just bought a new house with a pool so I have been helping them set up..

As you can see their deck is almost a foot above the pool! The ladder that was left with the poop is ridiculously low to get into the pool or out of..

From the bottom of the pool to the top of the entry deck it’s 64 inches.. I cannot for the life of me find a ladder that goes more than 60 inches..

Can I get away with a 60 inch ladder and just not have it touching the floor of the pool?

Need help!!
First picture is of the deck
Second picture of

Attachments

• 4974C734-1936-4F5B-A574-2702F954A03F.jpeg
    4974C734-1936-4F5B-A574-2702F954A03F.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 3A520A15-7664-496C-990B-E56FB6DDC7EE.jpeg
    3A520A15-7664-496C-990B-E56FB6DDC7EE.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 42
Can I get away with a 60 inch ladder and just not have it touching the floor of the pool?
So the only thing I can think of off the top of my head (not personal experience), is you wouldn't want the ladder to push against the wall (if it doesn't rest on the floor), so finding one that is "self supporting" would be important

Reactions: Newdude
Welcome to TFP
Can I get away with a 60 inch ladder and just not have it touching the floor of the
No. Either the ladder will fail or it will press against the wall of the pool.

I cannot for the life of me find a ladder that goes more than 60 inches..
There are no ladders (to my knowledge ) that are more than 60 inches BUT there are extension kits (they must be made for the ladder).
If you can figure the brand/model of the ladder we can try to help find an extension kit (not all manufactures make extension kits).

My setup is similar to the one you are showing, I originally ordered a extension kit for my ladder, but my math was off by 6" and I ended up not needing it (my deck is only 5" above the top of my pool rather than 11").
My ladder is made by Confer Plastics and they sell their extension kit on their website (but not the ladder).

Reactions: Newdude and Nklys11
Reactions: Newdude and Nklys11
Would you be able to send me some pictures of your set up so I can understand how the extension works
Sorry if I didn't make it clear. I ended up not needing the extension.
The extension is kind of a sleeve and adds one extra step to the bottom of the ladder,

Reactions: Nklys11
Thank you SO MUCH! This is exactly what we need
You are welcome.

BTW, you might find it a little cheaper if you shop around.
The $49 was pretty much what I paid buying directly from Confer Plastics ... they are out of stock now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
An other option, if you are still looking around, are steps instead of a ladder.

It is a bit of an investment, but in my opinion are a lot nicer than a ladder.
Some folks have issues with steps being algae hotspots. They also take quite some space, but that is only an issue if the pool is small like mine. On the pro side is they are more friendly to the elderly than some stairs.

Reactions: splashpad
Some folks have issues with steps being algae hotspots. They also take quite some space, but that is only an issue if the pool is small like mine. On the pro side is they are more friendly to the elderly than some stairs.

I didn't think to look at your pool size. That is an issue. They work great in my 27' so I tend not to think about it.

I guess it depends on placement. Mine are about 6' away from the downstream side of my return. Since I run a SWGC they are constantly washed with higher FC level water for 6 hours out of each day, plus I brush them about once a week. Never any issues with algae.

They are also great for small childern.

Reactions: splashpad
My parents just bought a new house with a pool so I have been helping them set up..

As you can see their deck is almost a foot above the pool! The ladder that was left with the poop is ridiculously low to get into the pool or out of..

From the bottom of the pool to the top of the entry deck it’s 64 inches.. I cannot for the life of me find a ladder that goes more than 60 inches..

Need help!!
Second picture of
We had a similar problem with our above ground ladder. First, I will share that we aren’t particularly handy, but we do our best to figure stuff out.

So, we needed a solution to help the ladder “reach” the bottom of the above ground pool, which would keep the ladder from bouncing back and forth, which could scrape the liner or cause stability issues in the connections to the decking itself.

What we did for a couple of seasons was to go to the marine parts store, and purchase a white, plastic, dock step block, with smooth floor surfaces. We placed a mat underneath the step, and tested that the bottom of the ladder rested right on top of the step. We secured the ladder to the step.

Need help!!
Second picture of
C2186A27-5C58-443F-A52E-C78269EA8048.jpeg

Reactions: MITBeta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.