Laceygirls New Pool - Intex 18 x 9 x 52....

Looking good there Laceygirl - so wish my water was as clean as that - and as for being 1" out - like you, it annoys the heck out of me. It will all be fixed next year so no worries. We usually get really hot 40deg days over here in February so I'm looking forward to more swimming yet.

You've really inspired me with this pool, so thank you for that :) I do like your bigger pool - my dream pool is a 10mtr x2 or 2.5mtr partially inground with vinyl liner, that's not looking likely for next year so hopefully, this little one will pack away and store nicely in the shed ready for next summer.

Thank you everyone... Its been a bit of a pain in the arse, but we got there....

But I have discovered a problem and I'm hoping some pump experts are here looking.... I can hear air bubbles in my return and see them in my pool..... Its also making the solar cover rise, so I know there's air somewhere..... Suctions are good, so it must be the pump or the cartridge filter that isn't sealed.... Right?????

Isn't it always the way? Super clean pool and it's too cold to get in!

ff33d643f09e062ed667681e41094574.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mrs Dimples, and Hi Casey... :) Not too long and you'll be in Spring... :)

Today we are getting some of that famous Australian weather.... 32 degrees c today (90F), with very little wind.... :) THIS IS SUMMER....

Yesterday, my new plunger valve arrived, and we pulled everything apart to find the air leak.... Silicone and tightening of hose clamps really did the job, and I now have no leaks... :) I cannot believe I'm finally done.... Well the pool anyway...... :)

A tip for anyone who buys an intex pool.... Dump the factory filter that comes with it immediately..... I so love my huge cartridge filter, and the pump is just fantastic......

I haven't cut the hole in the side of the pool yet for the skimmer, as the over the wall skimmer is doing such a fantastic job, I'm not going to bother.... I'll post pics now I'm done...

Since I've finished my pool project for this year, I don't think I'll be posting in this thread very much anymore.... :) When I make changes, I will add them... Next year I will be adding a cyclone pre filter to my system... My stenner pump will be operational and I can work on the landscaping and adult sitting areas... :)

I can recommend changing all the fittings and pump and filter on any intex pool.... Its a learning curve and can be a bit of a nightmare, but the end results speak for themselves... I'll be back to post how I shut it down for the winter also....

I'd like to thank everyone for tuning in and following along... I'd also like to thank everyone on this website, for all their advice, counsel and help.... I wouldn't have a pool at all if it wasn't for this site, so I am very grateful.... :)

Thanks everyone....
Laceygirl....

I became a TFP lifetime member the other day... It was a long time over due that's for sure... I thought it was only right, considering how much I've learned, and how much money I've saved...

The weather is slowly getting better here... :) Spent some time marvelling at my filter and pump today... I'm just so impressed with how well its all come together... Its really user friendly, and the water clarity is second to none...

I really do love my over the wall skimmer, and with the size pump I have, its perfect... If I wanted to put my through the wall skimmer in, I think I would need to up grade the pump to a 1.0hp, and I'd probably put in a second return also....

As this was my first time plumbing an intex pool, the best piece of advice I can give, is use the intex fittings to the pool, but upgrade everything else....
Another important lesson learned was when I was connecting the pump and the cartridge filter.... This IS NOT THE TIME to SKIMP on silicone... In fact, use a generous amount to create a good seal.... Silicone can be removed easily with heat, so a hair dryer on hot will do... :)
Upgrade hose clamps, cut out the pole type connections that usually come with intex and get the larger ones....

Next year, I want to install my Stenner pump, have a cupboard to store all working equipment in and finish the landscaping.... :) River rocks I believe... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been shopping around for spare parts the last few days, as I just realised if one of my plunger valves breaks, fails or starts to deteriorate, my pool will leak till I can get another...

So around the web I surfed... I can't get over how much some people are charging for Intex plunger valves.... Our dollar is quite weak against the greenback at the moment, so shopping overseas isn't an option right now.... So I was super lucky to find 3 of them locally for $15.95 each... Bargain... Now I don't have to stress about finding parts when I need them... In the next couple of weeks I'm buying more Intex return and intake fittings in case one cracks, leaks or explodes...lol.... Its handy as they also come with spare rubber washers that I need... :) That should mean I'm ready for any pool failure... Be prepared...

Hi Casey, The last week, only the kids have been in it.... But the good thing is, this colder weather we've had, is now almost gone... Its going to be 27 degrees Celcius (80F) today, and by the weekend we will be hitting 32 degrees (90F).... Perfect pool weather...

I'm going to be getting in today, but it won't be till this afternoon.... :)

Dealing with some filter and connection issues at the moment! The filter wasn't pressurising as there was a leak somewhere! Anyone who had a suction side issue knows how much this sucks [emoji35] !!!

So today has all been about leak detection. But I have a question, I think the air is coming in from my t junction between the two intake hoses! I have taken them apart, checked for cracks and holes then put it back together. The hose clamps are tight! No leaks! Would air still be able to get in here?

I have just finished fixing the leaks around the connections to the cartridge filter, its 4.29 am here and I can't sleep! I still have a little bit to do but it's making it hard to isolate the problem [emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey laceygirl. You can test suction side leaks with a water hose. turn the water on low, and run it over all of the suction side connections. If one is leaky and sucking air, you will see it suck the water into the connection.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.