mmardini

Jul 21, 2020
Palm Springs, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone! New to the forum but loving it!! My husband and I are about to remodel our pool and we (aka Me) have decided on glass pool tile. We have been warned by many but I can’t get over the look! We live in Palm Springs California and have very hard water here. Can anyone recommend any glass tile cleaner or a brush we can use weekly to keep calcium stains at a minimum?? If it becomes ugly in a year or two I’m going to hear “I told you so” from my husband for years!! 😂

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sorry, but you will regret it. The evaporation you get will guarantee water line scale and if you will have any type of spillover, splash zone scale.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
We do have a spillover from the spa to the pool. I was hoping if I’m diligent about cleaning it will stay sparkling for years!

Give it a shot. Pools with certain designs are beautiful new.

Plumb your fill water to a water softener. It will help.

I didn't consider this. Wife wants the pretty blue glass tile. We have hard water as well. Thanks for bringing this up.

I love the tile, we had it in our first pool. It got this black mold in the silicone and we could never get it out! We tried everything. So we did no tile this time for our pool. It does look nicer with though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.