Keeping glass tile clean

mmardini

Jul 21, 2020
Palm Springs, ca
Hey everyone! New to the forum but loving it!! My husband and I are about to remodel our pool and we (aka Me) have decided on glass pool tile. We have been warned by many but I can’t get over the look! We live in Palm Springs California and have very hard water here. Can anyone recommend any glass tile cleaner or a brush we can use weekly to keep calcium stains at a minimum?? If it becomes ugly in a year or two I’m going to hear “I told you so” from my husband for years!! 😂

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Give it a shot. Pools with certain designs are beautiful new.

Plumb your fill water to a water softener. It will help.

smracing

Jun 1, 2011
Carlsbad, NM
Thanks for the reply! What are your reasons for skipping the glass? I know I’ve been warned about it by pool
Builders but figure they don’t like installing
Even with near perfect chemistry, I have white build up on the tile surface. It takes muriatic acid and a pumice stone to remove. I do this twice a year.

Reactions: Sparks22

dmlk

Jun 28, 2020
Ohio
I love the tile, we had it in our first pool. It got this black mold in the silicone and we could never get it out! We tried everything. So we did no tile this time for our pool. It does look nicer with though.

AudiB

Jul 3, 2020
Tampa
Ahhhh, I really liked the mosaic glass tile look too. Too bad the "look" doesn't last. But this is very useful information that will save me money. So thank you.