Keep Polaris pool cleaner from tangling?

They're a pain in cold water. Less flexible. I pull mine out in the winter because it's pretty useless. You can try shifting the floats around, it helps, but not really a fix. The hose builds memory flex points with the floats and moving them forces it bend in places it's not use to.

There are several things that cause Polaris hose to tangle.
As mentioned, colder water makes it less pliable so harder for the cleaner to pull it out of a tangle.

Is your swivel functioning properly? Do you have 1 or 2 swivels. I could only see 1 in your picture. Maybe add a second one?
You should have a swivel above the "leader" hose. This is the length of hose from your cleaner to right above your backup valve. The second swivel is between the 2 hoses that float on top of the water.

Is your hose the proper length? Just the hose (cleaner not attached) should reach the farthest point in your pool plus 6" from its connection to the wall. Too long and you will have tangle issues. Too short and you do not cover your pool properly for cleaning.
Lots of youtube videos on how to set up Polaris hose length. See this short version Pressure hose tangling - YouTube
Or see this longer version How to Properly Install a Polaris 280 - YouTube

Is your cleaner turning at the proper rpm to to pull your hose out of tangles? Again, several youtube videos to measure rpm of your wheels.

BTW I notice your float is between your cleaner and your backup valve. Suggest you move that float above the backup valve.

HermanTX has you covered. Find and follow Polaris setup instructions and that could help, there are several adjustments involved.

I once had a tangling hose on my suction-side vac and it turned out to be crud in the swivel mechanism. It just wasn't turning freely enough. Check yours to see if it can twist easily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.