jokael

Jun 12, 2023
Denmark
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Yesterday I had a talk with my sister, who has gotten an interest in TFP, since she's tired of their pool always needing shock and flock....... She then send me a link to a K-2006 kit and told me she had ordered it.
It was from Amazon Germany - but the seller account has a chinese-sounding name. The seller address is in the US, but it says "shipped from China"
My natural sceptisism saw some red lights there........ I never-ever buy branded goods from China, since they are most often counterfeit goods, where the only identical point is the label. No one knows, what they put in stuff........
The price was very similar to what I heard people paid the offical reseller in Spain, but that could very well be intentional from the seller's side.

I asked her to try and cancel the order - don't know if she succeeded - but wouldn't you agree with me?
Or am I just seing ghosts?

I get why you're worried about buying stuff from China. Sometimes they sell knockoff goods, and you never really know what you're getting. It's great that you told your sister to cancel the order. Trusting your gut is important, but maybe it's worth finding out more before jumping to conclusions.

I get why you're worried about buying stuff from China. Sometimes they sell knockoff goods, and you never really know what you're getting. It's great that you told your sister to cancel the order. Trusting your gut is important, but maybe it's worth finding out more before jumping to conclusions.
Good to hear. I just thought, since it's so hard finding retailers of the kit, it seems strange that a random Amazon seller has a load of them in China.......
Of course, they're probably allowed in China, and people have pools there.
Heck, they might be even easier to find in China due to the size of the country. I mean, some countries (like the US) also sells medicine over-the-counter, that we need to beg for a prescription for.
But China-goods have a reputation........ and not a good one......

Reactions: aussieta
Make sure she checks the dates on the regents when she gets it.

PLEASE make sure to do a follow up as well so we can all learn from her.
Hi

She has made a request to cancel the order, so hopefully there will be no issue.
I found individual reagents online, so maybe I can get her to join in on my order.
Until a week ago, she was like "just shock-and-flock", and looking sceptical at me when I poured regular bleach in my pool instead of granulate.
Now she's been snooping around in here for a few days, and combined with a swim in my pool (which is not perfect, but nicer than hers), she's decided to take the plunge after they get their new pool delivered next month.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.