jxi heater with versaflo input pipe blew off the heater and drenched me

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto Canada
turned on my pool today for first time this year
pressure in the cartridge filter went up past 20 and then the water output from the filter blew off the input pipe to the heater and drenched me
the company did not cement it on well but it did last for 6 seasons without a problem
tried it again with the waste valve partially open and kept the pressure to 15
no water coming out into the pool so I think the water cannot get through either the bypass or the heater for some reason
is it possible to trouble shoot the versa flo
my heater came with it installed can I remove it and run like a regular heater
a versaflo replacement is over 500 dollars can dollars
can they be fixed

thanks

franklin

30000 gallon pool with attached overflow spa
main, spa polaris and waterfall pumps
jandy controllers and jxi heater that is about 6 years old

you are correct
I had put my output jandy valve to the middle and it closed itself when it got power and so the pool was closed no water could escape as I had not pulled the hot tub plugs yet
the pipe blew off because all there was was primer and no glue on the fittings LOL so much for professional installation by XXXXXXX gas in toronto
I took the fitting off and there is nothing in the way of the water flowing from the input to the output - just a big hole like the one in my logic LOL

off to home depot to get some glue
am going to install a swirl prefilter from waterco as well

thanks for pointing out reality

fs

Reactions: Poolbreh
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.