TrophyMinds

In The Industry
May 17, 2023
North Carolina
Hello everyone, I’m new here but I’ve been a pool technician for roughly 5 years now. I’ve stumbled across a family friend of mine that bought a house with a 3 year old pool. They have all Jandy equipment and everything’s working great until recently that had to have their basement redone due to a hot water heater flooding it. Sense then they’ve moved back in and everything’s been great but this jxi hasn’t worked. During their remodel they had to redo gas line for part of their new furnace. To get started I went out and diagnosed that the heater had also gotten struck by lightening over the winter. I’ve replaced the PIB, fenwal, and also the ignitor. Now the heater is back to life to an extent. Everything is registering and working and the heater will now kick on but only run for roughly 7-10 seconds. My first instinct is to check the gas so incoming gas is roughly 14-13 before heater calls for gas then drops down to rough 7 when it kicks the gas valve open. On the backside of the gas valve I’m getting 9-8 then when it calls for gas it drops down to 1.5-1.0. I’m thinking gas regulator? Anyone have any ideas. I’m kind of dumb founded. It will throw an ignition fault after 3 attempts.

From the pressures that you are reporting it seems that the heater is LP rather than Natural Gas. Pressures should be taken on both sides of the gas valve, both static and dynamic at the same time. Also both sides of the regulator to determine if you have a problem with the regulator or low tank volume. Also what do you mean by "backside"? Normal designations are inlet and outlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.