JVA dip switch test and now fuse is blown.

depeters99

Jun 22, 2022
Palm Desert CA.
I had a problem with my Spa not bubbling. Checked the Jandy valves and they seemed ok at first. Went out this morning to put the Aqualink RS into Time out and proceeded to test the 2 valves. Both worked when using the dip switch but then the return valve stopped at one end and it wouldnt move back again. I tried testing the valves using the buttons in the panel, the Suction worked but the Return still was stuck. I tried a couple more times and the Suction stopped working. Now I am scratching my head so I switched the valve connectors inside the Aqualink and nothing. Took a closer look and noticed all lights were now off inside the Aqualink RS. I took out the 2 screws and dropped the front panel down, noticed the 3.15A fuse is blown.
While I am waiting for Amazon to ship me a box of fuses, what else should I be looking for? Bad microswitch? Shorted wires? This system is not even 2 years old yet.

I had a bad microswitch (after 8 years) but it did not blow the fuse. I replaces both of them in that actuator and all is good.

The switches are cheap.

I had a problem with my Spa not bubbling. Checked the Jandy valves and they seemed ok at first. Went out this morning to put the Aqualink RS into Time out and proceeded to test the 2 valves. Both worked when using the dip switch but then the return valve stopped at one end and it wouldnt move back again. I tried testing the valves using the buttons in the panel, the Suction worked but the Return still was stuck. I tried a couple more times and the Suction stopped working. Now I am scratching my head so I switched the valve connectors inside the Aqualink and nothing. Took a closer look and noticed all lights were now off inside the Aqualink RS. I took out the 2 screws and dropped the front panel down, noticed the 3.15A fuse is blown.
While I am waiting for Amazon to ship me a box of fuses, what else should I be looking for? Bad microswitch? Shorted wires? This system is not even 2 years old yet.
Swap the connections for the valves at the PCB. If it now works the board is bad. If still doesn't its the actuator. Can try to replace the micro- switches. Be aware a bad actuator will burn a new fuse, have a few available. I use this to test (put alligator clips in place of spade terminals):

Last edited:
Got the fuses, installed one, unplugged the 2 valve connectors and turned on the Aqualink RS. Set it to Time out, plugged in one valve, it worked, plugged in the second one and it worked, went through all the valve tests and everything seems ok. Set it to Automatic and its been running fine. Switched off Pool mode, set it to Spa and still ok. Very weird! At least I have more fuses in case it does that again. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: 1poolman1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.