just reeived my hair-nets for skimmers

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I installed my skimmer hair-nets today and all seems to be working well.

We do not have any major trees nearby and most of our debris is blown in from palm trees. I was wondering how long you can leave the hair nets in the skimmers before pulling them? this is w the assumption that not a lot of large debris has accumulated in the skimmers. Also, since I bought 200 of them, I'm not going to try reusing. mainly looking for any historical practices w the h-nets that helps to determine how long to keep.

If anyone has any questions, pls let me know.

Thank you, tstex

I'm slightly embarrassed to be saying this, as I have really avoided the use of hairnets for long time worried about the environmental aspect. I needed new skimmer socks and Skippy said lets try them. He loves them!

He changes it as needed, but its about a week between changes at this point. I'm sure in the spring it will be every other day or so when the pollen is falling.

Maddie :oops:

Thank you very much guys - perfect responses...just what I was looking to discern.

WOW ! ordered in 9/14 and still have 60% left...and for 7 buck$. I would say that is pretty good value...I also read the prior posts on hair-nets vs skimmer socks and took your advice...

Finally, since it's Father's Day this weekend and I am grilling outside, if I ever grow out my hair, I can just reach down inside the cabinet and pull out a hair-net and "bingo", I'm set w the net - :fro: LOL

Happy Father's Day to all - tstex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Newbie here. Are there any other tips like this around the forum? I've used the pool $kimmer $ock$ before but never gave a thought about using a hairnet :scratch:. Been on site for a few days and keep learning new ways to save money and time. I need more, whatcha got?

My wife called laughing at me for ordering 100pk of hairnets when she saw Amazon charge :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.