just reeived my hair-nets for skimmers

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

I installed my skimmer hair-nets today and all seems to be working well.

We do not have any major trees nearby and most of our debris is blown in from palm trees. I was wondering how long you can leave the hair nets in the skimmers before pulling them? this is w the assumption that not a lot of large debris has accumulated in the skimmers. Also, since I bought 200 of them, I'm not going to try reusing. mainly looking for any historical practices w the h-nets that helps to determine how long to keep.

If anyone has any questions, pls let me know.

Thank you, tstex

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I leave mine in for up to a week if there isn't a lot of debris. You will find that they will clog with fine debris over time, even if they aren't filling up with leaves. I only reuse one very rarely.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I'm slightly embarrassed to be saying this, as I have really avoided the use of hairnets for long time worried about the environmental aspect. I needed new skimmer socks and Skippy said lets try them. He loves them!

He changes it as needed, but its about a week between changes at this point. I'm sure in the spring it will be every other day or so when the pollen is falling.

Maddie :oops:

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
You made me curious about how many I use so I just looked up my amazon order: 100 pack on September 5, 2014 for $6.95. I am sure I still have about 60% left.

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
I wish I had known about these before I ordered the hose type skimmer socks a few years ago. I ordered the hairnets a few weeks ago and LOVE them!! Much easier than skimmer socks.

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Thank you very much guys - perfect responses...just what I was looking to discern.

WOW ! ordered in 9/14 and still have 60% left...and for 7 buck$. I would say that is pretty good value...I also read the prior posts on hair-nets vs skimmer socks and took your advice...

Finally, since it's Father's Day this weekend and I am grilling outside, if I ever grow out my hair, I can just reach down inside the cabinet and pull out a hair-net and "bingo", I'm set w the net - :fro: LOL

Happy Father's Day to all - tstex

Minority

May 16, 2017
South Bend
I wanted to add... I purchased mine from Gordons food for 6.99 per 100. They work excellent and no more tearing apart my pump to take a tiny wad of something stuck in the impeller.

Aubie99

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2017
Columbus, GA
Newbie here. Are there any other tips like this around the forum? I've used the pool $kimmer $ock$ before but never gave a thought about using a hairnet :scratch:. Been on site for a few days and keep learning new ways to save money and time. I need more, whatcha got?

My wife called laughing at me for ordering 100pk of hairnets when she saw Amazon charge :party: