Just ordered Intex 24x12

jshelk

Apr 11, 2019
Nacogdoches, TX
Hello all, first post, long time lurker. I have had pools on and off for years above and conventional pools. I had been the shock it/go to Leslies and let them tell me what to do to it. Anyway, just bought the Intex Ultra Frame 12x24. I have been leveling and prepping my yard for sod this week. Going to pick up the first five pallets Monday and thought why not put the pool in now and not waste any sod. So, tomorrow I'll stake out the area and level it out.
Thinking of doing the 3/4" XPS foam board and pavers. Is there a need for the gorilla pad on top of the foam?
I've ordered the Hayward skimmer, a better ladder(with lockout for the kids), and a TF-100 test kit. Anything else I should add?
The pump that comes with the setup is the Intex 1,600GPH. Will this be powerful enough to pump up to my roof(single story)? I have some glass solar tubes I'd like to use, but I may upgrade the pump or do some sort of standalone system for the tubes. I'm in East Texas, so it'll mostly be just for extending the pool season.

I'm planning on getting a few years out of this setup without storing over winter. The ultimate goal is to put in a Gunite pool, this pool will let me know if me and the kids actually want the big pool or just stay with the AGP.
Anyway, any comments or anything I should do before it gets set up? I'll be going the the Pool School in preparation for actual pool maintenance.

Welcome to the forum!
I have no experience on ABG pool installation. Hopefully this bump will get some folks to chime in.

I doubt your Intex pump will be able to feed your solar heater. Post more information on the pump.
Good job on the TF100 -- you will like the water plus the cost savings of not doing the 'shock it/go to *****'
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook

Thank you!
Well, I’ve got it all in and plumbed. I didn’t put any valves, since the pool has valves on the suction and return and I wanted to wait until I see how big my equipment will be when I upgrade. The 1-1/2” conduit box adapter at Lowe’s now doesn’t have any tabs on it like I’ve seen in some of your builds. I didn’t have to modify them at all! No leaks on my end, but the Intex inlet weeps a drop every now and then. I think I’ll let the liner settle and then see if loosening and reseating it fixes it. The foam board is amazing! I’ve never been in such a smooth AGP!

Attachments

• 6172C398-8E33-4251-9538-7B39A45103EC.jpeg
    6172C398-8E33-4251-9538-7B39A45103EC.jpeg
    788.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 861A57FA-FEA1-47BE-A6BC-325B76ECD4C4.jpeg
    861A57FA-FEA1-47BE-A6BC-325B76ECD4C4.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 63
  • C78405D4-BBCF-4424-95D6-22CC11D6A099.jpeg
    C78405D4-BBCF-4424-95D6-22CC11D6A099.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 63
Looks great! I'm finishing up digging out for our 12'x24' Intex XTR (same as yours) and I'm curious what your final dimensions are for the supports? I dug out a 14'x26' but I'm not sure if that's enough room to place those u-shape legs in the center of a block. It amazes me that Intex doesn't provide exact dimensions in the manual...

Looks great! I'm finishing up digging out for our 12'x24' Intex XTR (same as yours) and I'm curious what your final dimensions are for the supports? I dug out a 14'x26' but I'm not sure if that's enough room to place those u-shape legs in the center of a block. It amazes me that Intex doesn't provide exact dimensions in the manual...

Found the info in another thread. Still amazed Intex doesn't put that in the manual...

The foam boards are the way to go! I did it on our 18x52 Intex pool. The only thing I would have done different is made it more level. I thought it was pretty level, but once the water is in, that’s where it shows. Also the Intex legs do rust quickly, I wish I would have seen a post on that, as I would have sealed the legs with a marine paint or something

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.