Just opened up and unboxed our Dolphin S200-Questions

RJL

Jun 8, 2015
Manahawkin, NJ
Opened the pool last weekend and our old Polaris 380 suction style vacuum needed the semi-annual $100.00 in parts and hour or so of repair that I've taken care of over the years. Usually this occurs at the beginning and middle/late pool season here in NJ. I have to say this vacuum has been pretty awesome and we got 17 years out of it, albeit it's been rebuilt, top to bottom a few times, so I've sunk some money and time into it, just time to move on. Anyway the wife pushed me to get something new, so we did. We bought the Dolphin S200, based on the numerous reviews I've read and from my buddy who owns the pool store and has installed my last two pools.

So, it's been raining here all day and is supposed to the next few days and the bottom of my pool is pretty dirty with worms, dirt and sand. Most of the leaves are out. I read that you're not supposed to let the power supply box get wet and my cable is not long enough to plug it into my house and run the robot. Is this the case? Can I elevate the box on say a table and cover it with a tarp and run it or should I just wait a week, after the rain stops and I have a day off, to run it?

Any tips or tricks I should know about in reference to this unit?

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

You just should not let the power supply get soaking wet... So getting it off the ground and protecting if from the rain is a good idea..

Your idea will work just fine.

The main thing is that it can't so close to the pool that it could some how get pulled into the pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: RJL
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.