Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210602-105454.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210602-105454.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210602_104309.jpg
    20210602_104309.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 15
Here are my thoughts:
  • You need to get your CYA up. For a SWCG setup it should be minimum 70ppm. You need to put granular CYA in using the sock method. You can read more about the sock method here under the CYA section.
  • Once you have the CYA in the pool it'll take a while for it to dissolve. While you are waiting you can get the pH down by putting in muriatic acid, again DO NOT put it into a 5 gallon bucket first. You can put it in a measuring cup and then poor it into the pool by a return. Some people just poor MA in from the gallon and just eye-ball the measurements.
  • CH might be too low, but if your fill water is high in CH it'll creep up, I'll let someone else with more experience comment on that.
  • FC looks good for now, but your CYA is too low so the FC is going to get eaten up by the sun.
Looks like you are making great progress!

Run your numbers through the kidney bean calculator. Then you can test the results by using pool math at that calculated volume against what you add and those results. ie. If it says you have 10,000 gallons, and you add calcium chloride to get another 100ppm, but only end up with 80, you can then calculate your actual volume to a "close-enough" rate.

Poolmath without volume is an obviously much trickier proposition.

Thanks all and Reggie I totally agree need to know my actual pool size. Lol I'm going to need a new kit as much as I have been measuring lol. Reggie seems to be between 22k - 24k. And already had pool math set to 23K. May try the chemical way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-150819_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210602-150819_Gallery.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I am going to get the PH in ideal range first and go from there and will post results and ask for assistance if needed. Going to pick up a pool equipment dedicated measuring cup. Thanks all!

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.