Just got Taylor k-2006 test need help with results please!

You all are so helpful! Things are looking good this morning I think!

Yesterday, we started with adding 3 jugs of bleach and scrubbed the walls. 30 minutes later, that brought our fc from 0 to 5 so we added 2.5 more jugs (up to 8.5), added 2 more jugs (up to 13!) We waited about an hour and fc dropped to about 10.5 so we added 1 more jug and put in 10 lbs of CYA. This morning we are at 11.5 fc and still .5 cc or less.

So, now what? Do I need to keep testing every couple of hours? Twice a day? Are we trying to keep fc up in the 12 range or are we now trying to get fc back down to around 4?

I can't thank you all enough for your advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's supposed to be 95 and sunny here today - I'm a little worried about chemicals burning off. I'm assuming I still need to leave our new solar cover off while my fc is at shock level?

How does your water look?

You are done when:

- CC is 0.5 or lower;
- You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
- And the water is clear.

Can you also add your equipment to your siggy please. That helps when helping with a pool.

Yes leave your cover off for now.

You are learning so much. It will be so easy when you are done!

Kim

I bet you can do testing every other hour if not every three hours. Just make sure that your FC does not get below your SLAM level for your CYA.

You do need to keep the SLAM up until you pass all three of the criteria for finishing a SLAM.

Kim

I know this has already been mentioned but definitely worth mentioning again.

If you haven't already placed an order for additional reagents you better do that today. You will run out when you need it most and local availability of Taylor reagents is spotty and shipping takes a couple of days.

This is exactly what you want:

XL Option

These next items are not necessary but speed up and improve testing accuracy.

SpeedStir Highly recommended.

SampleSizer

I love both of those tools they ensure consistency and speed.

If you get a speedstir, definitely go ahead and buy another tube for it #9198 and a mixing pill. That way when you do a full battery of tests you can perform all of them without taking time to rinse between tests. You can do all your tests and then do one cleanup. No dumping and rinsing between FC and TA tests.

Mixing Pill

#9198 Tube

Another thing to consider with having the k-2006 is the low amount of CYA r-0013 it comes supplied with. You’ll probably end up going straight through your two little bottles pretty fast while you're working up to 50ppm. You will probably want to add in the big bottle:

CYA R-0013 8oz

The thing to remember about buying your testing reagents is that if you keep them in a cool dark place and immediately replace the caps/lids they’ll last you a couple of seasons. Don’t leave your test kit in the sun or in a exterior shed. Take care of them and they’ll last.

It seems like a lot but once you break through this cycle and bring your chemistry in balance the maintenance will be easy peasy, you’ll be a pool pro and you'll marvel over your success and crystal clear/safe pool water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.