Just got a Pentair Intellichlor IC60 and power center. Power center blows the 10A fuse immediately

I had it working yesterday and then fiddle around a bit tidying some wires up, etc. the Cell is completely disconnected from it now, and it still immediately blows the fuse the second I flip the switch to turn the power back on. This is a brand new unit. Is the unit bad? It ran for 12 hours just fine. Now it blows the fuse immediately.

Ron,

Obviously, it could be bad, but since it worked and then you did a "bit of tidying", then I would assume something you did caused the problem...

What I would do is disconnect the output side of the transformer and see if the fuse still blows.

My gut says it is miswired..

Did you wire it for 240 or 120 volts? Tell us what wires are going where..

Show us a pic of the power center wiring..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

thanks for the response on the 4th of July!
It is wired for 240 volts.

Attachments

• 1D5D1D57-1CBC-490B-ACE3-E8268EF7E50F.jpeg
    1D5D1D57-1CBC-490B-ACE3-E8268EF7E50F.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 15808B29-8A4A-4604-85F0-AB88E62D0C0E.jpeg
    15808B29-8A4A-4604-85F0-AB88E62D0C0E.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 31
  • B46B67AA-3EEC-402E-ADC9-C5FE682B031A.jpeg
    B46B67AA-3EEC-402E-ADC9-C5FE682B031A.jpeg
    401.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 5A82CB18-FD6F-4038-BB5B-5B03101C1367.jpeg
    5A82CB18-FD6F-4038-BB5B-5B03101C1367.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 27
Ron,

I don't see anything obviously wrong... Your Power Center is different than the ones I have seen before.. The old ones have a fuse in a fuse holder stuck away in the corner... I like this one..

Logic says that the problem have to be with the transformer or the circuit card.. In 60 years of doing this stuff I have never seen a bad transformer that was not initially connected wrong.. Generally, wired for 120 and connected to to 240... Power Transformers just don't go bad unless someone screws them up.. That leaves the board.. The board takes the 24 to 28 AC input volts and changes it into about 40 DC volts..

I am not sure if the fuse is in the input AC side or the DC output side.. :scratch:

If this is a new unit, I would contact the seller and tell them it does not work...

If it was not under warranty, I would recommend that you measure the 28 volts AC out of the transformer and see what it reads...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ron,

I don't see anything obviously wrong... Your Power Center is different than the ones I have seen before.. The old ones have a fuse in a fuse holder stuck away in the corner... I like this one..

Logic says that the problem have to be with the transformer or the circuit card.. In 60 years of doing this stuff I have never seen a bad transformer that was not initially connected wrong.. Generally, wired for 120 and connected to to 240... Power Transformers just don't go bad unless someone screws them up.. That leaves the board.. The board takes the 24 to 28 AC input volts and changes it into about 40 DC volts..

I am not sure if the fuse is in the input AC side or the DC output side.. :scratch:

If this is a new unit, I would contact the seller and tell them it does not work...

If it was not under warranty, I would recommend that you measure the 28 volts AC out of the transformer and see what it reads...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, it is a brand new unit. I will contact the place I bought it.

it ran great for about 20 hours, I did notice it was really hot. But now just blows the fuse over and over.

Ron,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

just wanted to give an update. The board was bad on it and Pentair replaced it under warranty. I had it setup correctly. Pentair was awesome about it and took care of it.

thanks for the input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.