just found this place

parkers5150

Feb 15, 2020
fallbrook CA
hello everyone, my name is Jerry and as the title states…..I'm not gonna dive in right now, but my query involves the combination of a plunge pool/ "natural river" water feature....immediate concerns would be algae and chemical residue on "natural river" rocks... also spa/"natural river" feature???? … sorry to post and run but I look forward to jumping in tomorrow {see what I did there} bye for now

Howdy Parker
Welcome to the forum...I'm sorry, I read your post 4 times and I'm not sure if you are asking about advice on algae control for an existing pool or if you are planning a pool like the one you described and are wondering about algae control issues for it. I'm look forward to seeing what you got either way

I haven't done a whole lot of them but im really into creating water features.... I have a prospective client that wants me to design their backyard space and they were originally considering a pool but as our conversations progressed, I could tell that they weren't "all in" on the pool thing...…… I showed them one of my water features and they got excited ….. Plunge pools have always been on my radar but I have never actually seen one and have never committed the internet rabbit hole on the subject either.....All that being said, in my head I see a meandering stream with natural stone terminating under a small deck that slides/retracts under a complimentary deck to reveal a plunge pool!!!!!!! The bottom line on my question is what brought me here.... I want water quality and at the same time do not want the process of water conditioning to rear its head on the natural stones in the stream by way of deposits or reactions.... Does that make sense???

You would want to keep the 'stream' water separate from the 'pool' water. Two different things. It will be nothing but trouble chemistry wise to mix them.

Here's something to consider... I had a friend that had a very small backyard... that was up against a retaining wall/hill. And they wanted a pool. So they had a company gunite the hill/retaining wall and had a guy sculpt, texture and color it to look like a rock wall, with little pockets for plants and ferns and stuff. it was really cool to see it out their back sliding glass windows that faced the back patio. Then they added a pool in front of the wall that was essentially a lap pool, semi free form but mostly a 6 or 7 foot wide lap pool that extended almost the whole distance of the back of the house with a little waterfall feature at one end. When the stationary swimming pumps were running it looked like a stream flowing through their backyard. And they managed like a small pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.