Just finished SLAM and leaving town

Aug 2, 2017
Duluth, MN
I literally just finished my SLAM this morning, and we are leaving town for a few days this evening. My CYA is currently at 30. I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to throw a puck of dichlor in my skimmer to keep the FC up and also increase my CYA a bit, since I planned on doing that anyway after the SLAM. We are returning Wednesday evening. If not dichlor, what other suggestions do you have for keeping my FC up in target range while we are gone?

Only gone about 3 days? No worries. You can put a puck in a floater if you like. It will only increase CYA by about 3ppm or so, so no real worries there. I would also increase the FC level as you're walking out the door. Give it one last SLAM level bump. It should help give the water some good FC for a couple days at least. You should still be TFP clear when you return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.