Just checking in to share #'s

Augi

May 8, 2018
Austin, TX
Hey eveyone,

I just wanted to share my #'s and see if there's any adjustments that could be made.

PH 7.6
ALK - 90
FC - 4
CC - .2
CA - 40
CH - 420 (should this be a concern for me?)

I have a few very small tabs sitting in my in-line chlorinator, but I won't be using that moving forward. I wished I found this site earlier before I purchased that bucket of tabs. Is there something I can do to lower the CH? I tested all this with the test kit that was recommended on here (FAS DPD Kit).

Appreciate any feedback given.

Thanks - Augi

Those test results look great to me! I assume the CA you show is really CYA.

Only way to reduce CH is to remove some of the water from the pool and replace it with water that has less CH. What is the TA, CH, and pH of your fill water?

Be sure to use a 10 ml sample of water when testing FC. Then take the number drops to clear and divide by 2 for FC.

You may want your CYA closer to 50 ppm soon as I suspect you get quite a bit of sun in Texas.

Take care.

Yep, you're right - I meant to type CYA instead of CA.

Good question on the TA, CH, and PH of the fill water. I'll look at that soon.

I've been using the 25 ml sample of water to test for FC. Appreciate the tip on using 10 ml.

CYA was tested at LPS and came out to 54. I tested and came out with 40. I may test again since that was my very first time trying to test CYA.

All great feedback. Thanks buddy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.