Just another build in Texas

Thanks for the compliment. Been a slog but the end is in sight.

Yes. Using a SWG. Ask whoever is telling you that is a problem to show you pictures of the problem or give you a reference to call. Chlorine is chlorine and that's what you will get with whatever kind of sanitizer you choose.
I've never seen pictures of any actual damage.

So, at long last, concrete. I was really beginning to doubt this day would ever come.

And the copper guys are started on the hood. Should finish this up tomorrow.

Acid wash of the concrete and soil fill in tomorrow. I'm hoping to finish the coping/hottub/dive platform this week with plaster next week. We'll see. Larger trees in the landscaping will be going in this week too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The check valve only applies to inline trichlor or bromine chlorinators, more so for the acidic water conditions they create, not so much the chlorine. A salt cell is wired to the pump relay in automation systems so the cell has no power if the pump is not running. Where automation is not used, the cell has a flow switch that will not allow the salt cell to operate if flow is not detected. This is to prevent an explosive condition from a buildup of hydrogen gas, not so much excess chlorine.

Since no chlorine can be produced if water is not flowing, there is no need for a check valve in that location.

Your plumbing setup is fine as is. I saw no mention of a check valve in their literature and the only thing related to use with a heater is to space the Intellichlor 3' from the heater outlet (page 5).

e79715aca6c7f93f23e32df799db977d.png
e79715aca6c7f93f23e32df799db977d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots and lots of progress finally. The biggest development is PLASTER!

Acid wash of plaster

And then a couple of gratuitous shots of the large screen and what the project looks like at night.

Filling the pool later today....

You might also notice that there is finally grass in the yard. I don't know if I was more excited about that or the plaster. Goodby mud.

That is a pretty fence! Bet that set you back a dime or two :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see the finished color of the plaster. Just know it is very normal for there to be a slight greenish color in the beginning. That will go away as the water is balanced.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.