Jets Not Working Correctly

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
So this season, my spa jets are not working correctly. They only output a flow similar to our pool jets, not nearly enough to create the usual bubbling action. The spa pipe on our equipment pad is not sucking in air either like it used to. Not sure what the issue is. I emptied half the spa water back into the pool and noticed that when some of the jets were above the water line, they were not very strong, but when the water line dropped below all the jets, there was a noticeable surge in the water pressure coming from them. I thought maybe draining some of the water had cleared an obstruction or equalized the pressure or something. So I refilled the spa hoping that had solved the problem...but it did not. Can anyone guide me into fixing this or what issue I should look for? Thanks.

Thom,

Some random thoughts...

Ensure the automated valves are turning correctly.. Sucking from Spa and Returning the water to the Spa.

Does the spa use a booster pump, if so is it on?

Is your VS pump ramping up to the right speed?

What is your filter pressure and when was the last time it was cleaned or backwashed?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.