Jet valves

The thumbscrew is really a non-issue & won't affect the valve functionality at all. Is it possible that the 3-way valve handle is just misaligned? Valve handles can be lifted slightly (with thumbscrew removed) and rotated out of position, past the normal stops for maintenance purposes or my mistake.

Regards,
E

The thumbscrew is really a non-issue & won't affect the valve functionality at all. Is it possible that the 3-way valve handle is just misaligned? Valve handles can be lifted slightly (with thumbscrew removed) and rotated out of position, past the normal stops for maintenance purposes or my mistake.

Regards,
E

I lifted the valve handle(which is basically just sitting there since the thumbscrew broke) and rotated every possible ways and they only way it’ll fit on the valve is in the way that picture shows. The magic lube and valve o rings repair kit just got here so tomorrow I’m removing the valve to check if there’s anything obstructing it(debris I’m guessing) and go from there. Should I be doing anything else? Thanks!!!

Not that I can think of. Just make sure you go easy when removing that valve cap, take a small flat blade screwdriver and work your way around the edge lifting it up. (Just like opening a paint can) That way if the rebuild kit isn’t the correct one, you can at least reuse the ones in there. Snap some pictures of the valve assembly once you have it open, to have in case you need other parts.

Well, I was able to get the screw out and lifted the top handle a bit the valve moves freely into any position using this method.
aa0c3ace17692fb430cc3783678aebce.jpg

Remove the black pins from 180 and install it in R 90 and L90
View attachment 76057

This is where the pins stop
View attachment 76058

Oh, is that what those are. That’s pretty cool on Pentair valves, didn’t know that. Learn something new every day.
I would assume that the OP would want to insert the pins in the L90 & R90 closest to the handle side and not the off side?
What is the purpose of the 180? Is it just to keep someone from closing the valve completely?

Looking at it again, I think somebody cranked the handle hard enough to jump the pin over the stopping block. So now it's on the wrong side. The pins should still be in 180 holes, but pull the pins out of the holes, and set the valve so the handle is in line with the stopping block and push the pins back down. You should be set.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking at it again, I think somebody cranked the handle hard enough to jump the pin over the stopping block. So now it's on the wrong side. The pins should still be in 180 holes, but pull the pins out of the holes, and set the valve so the handle is in line with the stopping block and push the pins back down. You should be set.

Ahhh, good catch Jay. I can see the scrape across the top of the block as well.

Now, why didn't I think of that?!? :roll: ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.